Supporting our Park
We are a volunteer group, set up in March 2010, to preserve and enhance the environment of Chislehurst & Walden Recreation Grounds for the benefit of the local community, in partnership with the London Borough of Bromley.
The Group grew out of a number of regular dog walkers who felt that there were aspects of the Park that could be improved. Instead of just moaning about it we thought we would actually try and do something! The current committee is:-
- Barbara Arora – Chair
- Alison Stammers – Secretary & CAP representative
- Julie Covill – Treasurer
- Rachelle Harte - Events Manager
- Ian Douglas – Consultant engineer and general factotum
- Pia Burbidge – Social Media Manager
We became a registered charity (number 1163405) on 3 September 2015.
The committee meets at each other's houses regularly and we are happy to welcome you to our meetings. We keep people informed of our actions by way of email, posters, posts on social media and at public meetings.
If you wish to get involved in the committee, come to our meetings and/or raise an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Aim To...
- Preserve and enhance the environment of Chislehurst & Walden Recreation Grounds for the benefit of the local community
- Encourage greater use of the facilities by the community, whilst discouraging anti-social behaviour
- Invite members and local residents to become involved in activities within Chislehurst & Walden Recreation grounds, so that they can contribute to its development. The Council of the London Borough of Bromley will support us, where possible, through training guidance and research.
- Raise funds to enable these objectives to be achieved
Details of how to become a member of FoCRG can be found on the Join Us page.
At the AGM on 12th March 2015, Members voted to amend the FOCRG Constitution from its current format to a new model format suggested by the Charity Commission. We became a registered charity (number 1163405) on 3 September 2015.
Our constitution: FOCRG Final Constitution May 2015.pdf
FOCRG's Policy documents can all be viewed using the links below, and downloaded in PDF format.
Health & Safety Policy (October 2017):
FOCRG Health & Safety Policy.pdf
Reserves Policy (April 2017):
FOCRG Reserves Policy.pdf
Complaints Policy (April 2017):
FOCRG Complaints Policy.pdf
Safeguarding Policy (revised Feb 2015):
FOCRG Safeguarding Policy.pdf