Our beautiful park.
Chislehurst & Walden Recreation Grounds consists of 15 hectares of playing fields, open grass areas, a children's playground and woodland that support a variety of wildlife including species that are rare in London.
It is home to the Chislehurst Tennis Club and Football Club Elmstead as well as Invicta Scouts.
In 2017 we secured designation for both recreation grounds and both woods to be classified as Local Green Space within Bromley's Local Plan.
There is open access to Chislehurst & Walden Recreation Grounds at all times with the exception of some events, such as the annual Fireworks Display.
There is a circular tarmac path in the lower field and a path that skirts the top field. The rest of the Park has a network of un-made paths, some through woods and areas of open grassland.
Currently the Park has no permanent shelters or toilet facilities. The current pavilion will be demolished in 2018 to make way for a brand new facility with a small café and access to toilets for the general public during restricted hours.
There are pedestrian access points via:
- A footpath from Red Hill (by the library) alongside the playing fields of Red Hill School
- Empress Drive (an unmade road) off Willow Grove - accessible from the High Street via a path next to Sainsbury's
- A footpath from Walden Road
- Victoria Road
- A footpath from Elmstead Lane
- A car park can be found behind the Library on Red Hill. Please avoid parking in Empress Drive, Victoria Road or Walden Road if at all possible.
Bus routes serving the Park are 160, 161, 61 and 273. All buses stop outside Sainsbury's.
The nearest rail station is Elmstead Woods.